Who are The Madhkhali's?
Some may be wondering, just who exactly are the Madkhali sect? They are known by many different names. Some of these names include:
•The Saudi Salafis
•The Murji’ah al-Asr
•Jama’at at-Tabdi’ wal-Hijrah
The reason we prefer to call them Madkhalis and their sect Madkhaliyyah is because the founder of this deviant sect is named Rabi bin Hadi al-Madkhali (from the Madkhali tribe), just like the Ashaa’irah are named after Abu Hasan al-Ash’ari (from the Ash’ari tribe). He is also considered one of their most prestigious scholars.
The most unique trait (not their worstis their tendency to exaggerate or go to en extreme in the concepts of Jarh and Tabdi’.
The science of disparaging narrators due to their deficiency in trustworthiness. This was used by the scholar so that they would know from whom to take Hadith and from whom they should be rejected. This science was also used in the later generations in order to know from whom knowledge could be taken from and from whom it should be rejected.
To declare someone an innovator. The starting point for the average and typical Madkhalee (layman or scholar) is Sayyid Qutb. Whoever does not declare him to be an innovator, then he is an innovator. Whoever does not declare the one who abstained from Tabdee’ of Sayyid, to be an innovator, then he also is an innovator, and onwards, until noone is left on the earth except the few members of their sect.
This can be clearly seen in one of their principles which is understood as, “whoever does not declare the innovator to be an innovator then he is also an innovator”. This type of understanding is similar to the correct understanding of Ahl us Sunnah who belive , “whoever does not declare the kafir to be a kafir then he is also a kafir”. However you You will notice that the Madkhalis do this to many great individuals in Islamic history. Such as ash-Shaheed Sayyid Qutb, Hassan al-Banna, Abdullah Yusuf Azzam, etc. Those who refuse to declare these men and others as innovators than they to are considered innovators by the Madkhali sect. Due to this understanding and extreme of the Madkhalis, they begin to view themselves as an exclusive group wherein there are few members.
Also because of this, they ironically follow in the footsteps of Ahlul Bid’ah (the people of innovation) who came before them, because they only further divide this Ummah into sects.
Rabi bin Hadi al-Madkhali, the founder of the Madkhali sect, earned his fame through this practice. While he is not the most well known around the world nor the most respected, his influence has spread to areas where his name is not even known. It is much like having as disease, but not knowing exactly what disease you have. You have to figure it out based on the symptoms you have.
With this, we hope to touch on the major deviations of the Madkhali sect, both refuting and exposing them, so that we may diagnose this disease and rid ourselves of it Insha’Allah ta’alaa.
Some more deviations and innovations of the Madkhali sect include ;
· Believing that legislating man-made laws, complete abstinence from ruling by the Shariah, or resisting to rule by the Shariah, seeking judgment from Taghoot, are all just minor Kufr, that do not exit the doer from the religion of Islam, except with Istihlaal. Istihlaal is to believe his sin to be permissible. So they make the sins of major Kufr and major Shirk equal to lesser sins like adultery, drinking alcohol, etc., by placing the condition of Istihlaal on the major Kufr, which only exists as a condition for minor Kufr.
· Believing that actions of the limbs are not a pillar nor condition for the existence of Iman for one to be ruled a Muslim. So for them one can never pray, give Zakaah, fast Ramadan, or do Hajj, never do wudu never get Tahaarah, etc., and he would still be a Muslim, who’s Islam can save him from Hellfire eventually. They would label him a sinner, as for a kafir, then no. So they have followed the Murji’ah of the past.
· Exaggerating the concept of excuse due to ignorance with regards to the rules of this life. So for them they excuse the one who calls himself a Muslim (i.e., they judge him a Muslim), in all situations, in all issues. So for them, there is no difference between the basis of Islam, the matters that are known from the religion by necessity, or those issues that are less apparent or obvious. There is no difference between one who was raised amongst the Muslims, or the one who was not. There is no difference between the new Muslim, and others. All of them are always Muslims, even if they fall into many types of obvious Kufr and Shirk, because of the “possibility” of ignorance. This confusion amongst them also applies to the issue of Ta’weel (misinterpretation) by which (for example) they excuse many of the rulers who have pronounced their Istihlaal of their legislating man-made laws.
· Believing that major Walaa’ (alliance/friendship) with the kuffar is not major Kufr, unless the person internalizes a Kufr intention, such as wishing to aid the religion of Kufr, or to destroy Allah’s Religion, etc. So if one were to lead the crusade against Islam, head it, support it by wealth and blood, he would still be a Muslim, until he pronounces the internalized intentions of Kufr. So they do not make the act itself Kufr, until this innovated condition is proven.
· Believing that Jihad cannot be Fard ‘Ayn upon the whole Ummah. Also, related to it is their belief that it is not permissible without a state whose Imam directs it. Believing it to be forbidden without the permission of the ruler. All of this is regarding Defensive Jihad.
· Labelling those who do Takfir of the apostate rulers and their soldiers to be Khawarij or Takfiris. They prohibit Khurooj against these apostate rulers, due to the fact that they rule them to be Muslims. If they rule some of them to be kuffar, they still prohibit it due to the fact it is not led by an Imam (head of an Islamic state).
· Belittling the importance of awareness of current affairs and events, saying that such is only for the rulers and scholars, and that the laymen have no need for such. This foolish idea leads many laymen to believe the rulers in their lands to be Muslims, because they are unaware of the Kufr that he practices. So these laymen sometimes end up sacrificing themselves for the apostate ruler by being his sincere servants and slaves.
· Testing people on their positions regarding certain individuals they have labeled innovators. If the person agrees with them regarding their Tabdee’ then he is befriended, if not, he is taken as an enemy and belittled. The individuals they test people by, many times are labeled innovators based upon some of the above misunderstandings. Example: ‘Abdullah ‘Azzam said Jihaad is Fard ‘Ayn; according to the Madkhaliyyah this is an innovation, so he is an innovator. They ask Fulaan at the Masjid giving a lecture, what do you think of ‘Azzam? He says he is good; then they consider him an innovator, or hold him suspicious.
· They blindly follow the official government scholars on their stances towards their governments and politics. So if the government scholars say peace with the Jews is fine in Palestine, the Madkhaliyyah parrot his words.
· Holding a few people to be scholars in what they call “Manhaj.” None else can be questioned on these “Manhaj” issues. These “Manhaj” doctors include Rabi’, ‘Ubayd al-Jaabiree, etc. They follow them blindly in issues of Jarh and Tabdi’
· The Madkhaliyyah tend to have a supportive position of the Saudi apostate regime, although they are supportive of most of the apostate regimes in general. But due to the fact that some of them do Takfir of some of these regimes (Syria, Libya, etc.), they always are in agreement in praising and supporting the Saudi regime by heart and soul.
· They are very quick and easy in declaring people to be innovators, even over issues which are not innovation, rather from the best of Islam! Like Jihad. As for things that are indeed innovation, if one falls into them, they prohibit reading or praising anything that person wrote. For example, Sayyid Qutb had innovations, but so did many many scholars of the past and present, who Ahl as-Sunnah, as well as the Madkhaliyyah, both quote, such as Ibn Hazm, an-Nawawi, Ibn Hajr, etc. Yet they absolutely prohibit treating the books of Sayyid Qutb, or others like him in the same respect.
· Due to the fact that they hold many of these apostate rulers to be legit Muslims rulers/governments, and those who revolt against them to be rebellious Khawarij bandits, they permit allying and befriending the apostate governments, even if that ends up in aiding these apostates against a Muslim. This is probably the worst of the Madaakhil’s crimes (for those who hold this position) since it is apostasy, the apostasy of Mudhaaharah (helping the Mushrikeen against the Muslims).